Freshworks brings on new GPT-based enhancements to AI assistant
Freshworks announced new GPT-based conversational enhancements to Freshworks’ natively-built AI powered assistant, Freddy.
Using OpenAI’s ChatGPT and underlying large language models, the latest generative AI capabilities of Freddy help a wide range of customer-facing professionals work faster, smarter, and more effectively.
Customer service agents respond quickly to customers and employees in the right tone, marketers compose more compelling copy in a fraction of the time, and salespeople craft powerful emails that hook in a prospect, the company states.
Prakash Ramamurthy, Chief Product Officer at Freshworks, says, “We’ve made significant investments in our AI strategy over the last five years to enhance agent productivity and their customers’ experience.
"The newest Freddy updates using the latest in GPT large language models bring even more value to these experiences. We are fundamentally transforming how Freshworks customers will interact with our products through more conversations and fewer clicks.”
Conversational AI will be embedded via Freddy across Freshworks’ entire customer and employee suite of products.
According to the company, customer support agents will deliver faster issue resolution and have higher quality conversations with customers. Marketers will receive smart customer segmentation and optimised email content to maximise campaign efficacy. Sellers will close more deals through recommendations on opportunities with highest potential.
Today, Freshworks customers participating in the Freddy AI beta programs are able to:
- Summarise conversations: Support agents using Freshchat can view an automatic summary of customer conversations to gain context, rather than reading through an entire conversation before responding.
- Rephrase responses: Support agents can replace casual language with more formal and clear responses.
- Autocomplete content: Support agents can save keystrokes and respond faster to customer inquiries, with predictive sentence completion.
- Generate articles: Support agents can save time by creating contextual knowledge-base articles and FAQs using generative AI and simple prompts.
- Write email copy: Marketers using Freshmarketer, Freshworks’ marketing automation suite, can write better email copy in less time to improve open rates and engagement. Sellers can create personalised emails tailored to individual prospects’ specific needs and pain points.
This news follows the announcement of Freshworks hiring go-to-market leaders, including SVP of GTM Strategy and Operations Shafiq Amarsi, SVP of Customer Experience Murali Krishnan, and SVP of Global Channels and Alliances Doug Farber.
Freshworks comments, President Dennis Woodside, comments, “We have an audacious vision at Freshworks to help millions of companies delight their employees and customers around the world. Today’s market offers a unique opportunity to help companies everywhere reshape their customer and employee experiences with efficient software that’s easy-to-use, powerful and cost-effective.
"Our newest go-to-market executives come with proven track records of delivering customer growth and customer success at a massive scale. Together with our existing GTM leadership team, we believe they will help us move closer to achieving our vision and building an enduring, profitable software company."
Purpose-built for IT, customer support, and sales and marketing teams, Freshworks products are designed to empower the people who power business, the company states.
Headquartered in San Mateo, California, Freshworks operates around the world and serves more than 63,000 customers including Allbirds, Blue Nile, Bridgestone, Databricks, Klarna, NHS, OfficeMax, and PhonePe.